Four million Lee Kuan Yew coins have been minted to address the demand of more than 700,000 applicants for 3.3 million coins.
More from OMY: MAS releases commemorative S$10 coin for Lee Kuan Yew’s 100th birth anniversary
The collection period will begin on 4 September and will end on 26 November. Applicants can get their coins at their assigned bank branch.
From 21 August to 30 September, applicants will be notified by MAS via text indicating the number of coins they will receive.
MAS reminds all successful applicants to:
- a) Adhere to your allocated collection period and designated bank branch.
- b) Check the bank’s website for the operating hours of your designated bank.
- c) Bring along your NRIC/birth certificate and the SMS notification sent by MAS.
- d) Payment of $10 per coin is to be made at the designated bank branch upon collection.
- e) Collection can be done on your behalf during your allocated 2-week collection period and at your designated bank branch by providing a copy of your NRIC/birth certificate, and a screenshot of the SMS notification sent by MAS.
- f) All SMS notifications from MAS for the LKY100 coin will not contain any clickable URL link nor ask for any upfront payment
- g) To avoid overcrowding at the bank branches, please do not rush to the banks during the first few days of your allocated collection period.
For those who cannot pick up their coins during the allocated two-week collection period, there will be an extension period from 27 November to 3 December.
All uncollected coins will be available for the general public including non-Singaporeans at selected bank branches starting 4 December.
More from OMY: Singapore’s commemorative coins pay tribute to big and small remarkable moments that shape the country
Featured Photo Source: MAS